I grabbed this BB cream at one of Etude House’s generous 30-50% off sale. It was marked down for just 6,300 won so I threw it into my shopping basket thinking I had nothing to lose. Little did I know, I was in for a big surprise.
The Be Clear BB cream comes in a pink tube equipped with a pump which I of course greatly appreciate since it gives me control over how much product I want to dispense. While it contains only 30 grams of product, I find its size adorable and super travel-friendly. This BB cream is great for a number of reasons other than it’s extremely affordable price and girlish packaging. It’s made with pure ingredients meant to nourish and keep your skin healthy. Be Clear is great for individuals getting started on BB cream or those who may have sensitivity to synthetic ingredients as this one contains more natural ones.
- 5 – Vitamin Extracts (Only good ingredients to brighten your skin) : Hippophae rhamonoides (sea-buckthorns) fruit extract, fig extract, pomegranate extract, grapefruit extract & lemon peel oil.
- 7 – Organic Oils (Only pure ingredients to keep your skin healthy): Brazil nut oil, evening primose oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil, argan kernel oil, olive oil & sweet almond oil
- 5 free (NO paraben, talc, benzophenone, artificial colors or triethanolamine)
This BB cream contains tons of vitamin extracts and organic oil which I find quite nourishing to my skin. My mind is always at ease each time I use this because I trust what I put on my face is not going to harm my skin in anyway. The Be Clear BB cream does have a slight scent but it doesn’t linger but for a moment before disappearing. So no worries there for people who are sensitive or have strong dislikes for fragrances in their cosmetics.
With its soft application, this dual effect whitening + UV protection BB Cream promotes youthful skin with its natural coverage that conceals imperfections and uneven skin-tone.
I quite like the way this BB cream glides on. I mentioned it’s texture in my review of Etude House Bright Fit as being jelly like. While it’s creamy like any of the other BB creams, it does have a unique texture. It’s easy to blend and a little goes a long way. You won’t need a whole pump to cover your entire face. One pump could leave you looking a bit cakey so if you do happen to pump a full pump, I suggest covering your neck with it or dab some on the outer edge of your lips for the gradient lips look and apply lip tint.
Be Clear will whiten and brighten therefore it will leave you looking a shade lighter at first, but don’t fret! It’ll adjust to your skin tone some time after. The first time I wore it I seriously thought I looked like a pale ghost. I went to work with a really white face but a couple of hours after that, I noticed the BB cream had adjusted to my skin tone. Although it took some time, I thought the overall finish was very natural looking.
One of the things I like best about this BB cream is the lightweight feeling I have post application. It’s almost like I don’t have anything on at all. In addition, the finish is matte, there’s no stickiness whatsoever. I also find that I get less oily when I wear this it and it lasts a good 6-7 hours. One of the cons however (like mentioned above) is once you apply this, you will notice that it particularly makes your skin appear much whiter, sometimes ghostly white. Think sunscreen white. The good news is it will adjust to your natural skin tone as time passes.
Here’s the good:
– 5 Free (No paraben, talc, benzophenone, artificial colors or triethanolamine
– contains 7 organic oils (Brazil nut oil, evening primose oil, sunflower seed oil, jojoba seed oil, argan kernel oil, olive oil & sweet almond oil)
– contains 5 vitamin extracts (Hippophae rhamonoides (sea-buckthorns) fruit extract, fig extract, pomegranate extract, grapefruit extract & lemon peel oil)
– petite size makes it travel-friendly
– leaves a matte finish (great for individuals with oily skin)
– less blotting required
– whitening effects
And the bad:
– only comes in one shade
One of the things that surprised me the most about this BB cream was it’s texture and it’s finish. I’ve never tried Skin Food Red Orange Jelly BB or Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB but I imagine this is what the texture would be like. I would say this is a great BB cream for beginners as it was made for younger women. While I don’t fit the profile, nobody has to know! XD